If a picture tells a thousand words and a memory lasts a lifetime, then what better way to create such lasting memories of your Belize adventure than through photographs? Below is a list of the best photo ops on the island of Ambergris Caye — spots that will remind you of the island’s best treasures and bring those memories back into sharp focus after your tans fade away.
- The Las Terrazas Resort Swing Set. Situated just outside our Belize beachfront hotel, guests of Las Terrazas Resort are invited (and encouraged!) to splash into the water and swing their hearts out under our very own hand painted and wood carved Las Terrazas Resort sign and swing set. This is one photo op that is impossible to replicate anywhere else on Ambergris Caye and is much more than a picture to take – it’s an experience to be had. Don’t forget to swing by and snap a picture the next time you’re in Ambergris Caye.
- Secret Beach. This not-so-secret beach is a favorite among tourists and locals alike. Hailed as one of the top 5 swimming spots in Ambergris Caye, this laidback beach is the perfect spot to take a dip, float on a tube, rent a water toy, or even eat lunch in. The shallow water picnic tables ensure that you don’t have to choose between food and fun while on their shore. The beach itself is livelier with food trucks, beach tunes, and bars, but there are places to wander off and escape the energy if you so desire. Nearby palapas offer a serene place to relax and enjoy the view of the mangrove islands in the distance or to enjoy some peace and quiet as you overlook the beautiful turquoise water for which Belize is famous. Reclining beach chairs and hammocks line the shore, promising a blissful snooze as you soak up the sun and listen to the lapping waters. Whether you are looking to relax, swim, snooze, party, or play, Secret Beach really does have it all, and their enormous sign may just be one of the best parts. Pose on the letters for a picture-perfect moment of your time at the beach.
- The Truck Stop. Building with shipping containers is all the rage right now, and there is no better way to utilize them than by filling them with food. The first shipping container food park on Ambergris Caye, The Truck Stop is the place to be on the island. Great food and an abundance of fun and laughter are shared in this local hot spot, where weekly cornhole tournaments, movie nights, game shows, trivia nights, live music, and more are scheduled on the regular. The food trucks offer a variety of options, from a bar to an ice cream shop and mouthwatering menus that boast of Southeast Asian and Latin American flavors, even pizza. A photograph by this unique San Pedro Belize shipping container sign will contain memories for years to come.
- Belize Signage. Want to show others exactly where you are? Be sure to stop by both of these colorful Belize signs for prime pictures to post. This cute sign belongs to the magazine My Beautiful Belize, but with such little display room of their own, it is hung on the large wall space on the side of RC Elementary School. Their hand painted Belize sign is the perfect place to stop for a selfie.
- If you are heading to mainland Belize for an excursion or day trip, you must stop by the Belize Sign Monument in Belize City. These bright, bold, rainbow color letters are placed just in front of the aquamarine waters of the Caribbean Sea, making it perhaps one of the most popular photo ops in the entire country. This sign and its picture-perfect background make for fabulous photos and the letters are great for climbing on, laying across, jumping in front of, or happily posing next to. This is a sign you definitely don’t want to miss.
- Poco Loco. Situated on Front Street on Ambergris Caye, Poco Loco is a miniature food court with a giant and colorfully painted San Pedro sign. With multiple food stalls, Poco Loco offers a plethora of unBELIZEable flavors with something for everyone. Whether you have a hankering for burritos or burgers, soup or salad, or even cocktails, crepes, or ice cream, you are sure to find what you are looking for at Poco Loco. The San Pedro sign at their entrance will help you find them, but their food will make you stay. A great meal AND an Insta-worthy picture? What’s not to love?!
Stay tuned! Our next post will feature even more prime photo ops that are sure to wow your family and friends back home and keep you reminiscing about your time on the island. Until then, head on over to our reservations page to book your trip today. Don’t just look at our pictures – get yourself(ie) to Belize to take some of your own.